Pages

Friday 16 December 2016

Day 1: 日本=Japan

Want To learn about Japan? Well this blog post is just the right thing you need to read!

Japan hosted the 1964 Summer Olympic games in Tokyo and will again in 2020. They also hosted the 1972 and 1998 Winter Olympic Games in Sapporo and Nagano. In 2014 on the 10th of October it was the fiftieth anniversary since the 1964 Summer Olympics.

Japanese cuisine has become popular around the world. Some well-known dishes are sushi, sashimi and tempura. These foods are made with raw fish and some cooked prawns.

Japan sits along the “Pacific Ring of Fire”, so has many volcanoes and experiences many earthquakes. In 2011, an earthquake hit Japan and created a tsunami which resulted in much devastation. It was a Friday afternoon a disaster struck as a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake generated a wall of water that surged over the east coast of the island nation, sweeping many to their deaths. 

7 comments:

  1. Konichiwa? Jessica Yummy, Yummy food. I would absolutly want to visit Japan. My favorite see food are salmon , prawns and muscles. (muscles sometimes) I love sushi because it has fish chicken sauce and vegetables sometimes and all those ingredients are my Favorite
    Maybe Japan has the best food
    By Robati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konichiwa Robati,
      Japan might have to best food... But i'm not sure about the candies they eat. It's good to hear you like some Japanese food.
      By Jessica

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica (and Robati)!

    I love to see the way that you have discussed the food in Japan on the blog. It's a great way to 'chat' with each other, isn't it? I actually lived in Japan for a year so I can say with certainty that the food is amazing (if you like seafood). I moved to Japan from Canada and I had never eaten prawns, mussels, or raw fish before arriving. It was a pretty huge shock to the system but I ended up learning a lot about Japanese food and came to love sushi. It is now one of my favourite dinners!

    Do either of you ever eat sushi?

    Sayonara,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,
      I've eaten all kinds of sushi! I've had a really nice sushi dish called 'Dragons Tale'. It's basically sushi shaped like a Dragons Tale.

      What's your favourite sushi to eat?

      Delete
    2. Hi Jessica,

      Hmmm, that's a good question. I also really like the 'Dragon's Tale' sushi. It's so good! My favourite sushi is typically the rolled sushi with interesting ingredients like beef teriyaki, spicy pork and red pepper or katsu chicken. In fact, I think that I may have some sushi tonight.

      Hope that you're having a nice day so far. When do you guys head back to Ruapotaka?

      I'm looking forward to seeing you when I come into the school early in Term 1 to hand out the prizes and certificates.

      See you soon!

      Rachel

      Delete
    3. Hi Rachel,
      I started school on Wednesday.

      Delete
    4. Hi Jessica,

      I hope that school has started off well. Congratulations on being a top blogger from Ruapotaka!! I will look forward to seeing you soon. I'm just heading off to buy prizes as we speak :)

      Rachel

      Delete